We’re proud to welcome and reflect a diversity of ideas, identities, and individuals, valuing the unique qualities and contributions of those we work for and those we work alongside. From recruitment to internal practices, the principles of equity and inclusion are embedded in the culture of PCP.
What You’ll Do
PCP is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional to serve as our Director of Marketing and Communications (DOMC) during a pivotal time in the organization’s evolution. The DOMC will be a critical member of the leadership team and will manage internal and external resources to effectively communicate the value and impact of the organization’s work to organization stakeholders, including potential partners, clients, and supporters. She/He/They will work in close partnership with the CEO and Board to refine and develop a robust communications strategy and will be responsible for driving all aspects of its implementation.
- Strategy: Work with the CEO to assess existing communications strategy and to build a refined plan to support achievement of the organization’s communications, marketing, case-building, and network engagement goals. Thereafter, develop an annual strategy-aligned communications plan for approval by the CEO and board.
- Brand Identity: In the short term, lead efforts to fully manifest our new brand narrative, name, and identity through all existing and new communications assets and channels. In the long term, ensure consistency and quality of brand narrative and identity in all communications efforts.
- Communications: Lead the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy through existing and new assets and channels, including website, and through earned, owned, and social media.
- Marketing: Based on identified business and development needs of the organization, implement a marketing and advertising strategy to build new business, partner, funder, donor, and contact leads and prospects for the organization.
Case-Building: Work with the CEO and network thought partners to lead efforts on content creation and dissemination to support the organization’s case-building goals. This includes content creation, coaching others in content creation, and pitching content for publication in a variety of outlets.
- Network Engagement: Lead efforts to more deeply engage the organization’s large network of health care professionals across the country, including alumni and past program participants.
- Spokesperson: Serve as a core spokesperson and ambassador for the organization with the media, potential partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Resource Management: Manage a team of internal staff and external contractors as well as a budget to deliver on planned goals.
Organizational Strategy: Work with the board and leadership team to help develop an annual and long-term strategy for the overall organization.
- Research and Measurement: Develop and implement evaluation processes and metrics to monitor progress on all communications efforts and make regular reports on progress to the CEO and board.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 10 years of experience in communications and marketing, including at least 3 years in a leadership position. Direct experience in healthcare and/or services, preferred.
- A track record of delivering meaningful marketing and communications content and outcomes with limited budget and staff resources.
- Experience in successfully developing and implementing a thought leadership strategy and in positioning an organization and/or key stakeholders as thought leaders.
- Proven track record of exceptional relationship-building both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and command of all current communication tools, platforms, technologies, and processes.
- Outstanding communicator with the highest level of listening and speaking skills, and an ability to persuasively convey a message to diverse groups including healthcare leaders, donors, board members, and the public.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
Strong analytical skills.
- Management and leadership team experience, including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of staff and external contractors.
How to Apply
Visit Recruiterbox to submit a resume, cover letter, and to read the complete job description. This is a full-time, remote position, and all candidates must be willing to travel several times a year for business engagements and/or team-oriented events in Boston when it is safe to do so.
Primary Care Progress provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, family status, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to hiring, job assignment, performance assessment, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoff and termination, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.