PCP is always seeking talented, passionate people to join our team as consultants and trainers – regardless of your location. Please reach out to learn more.
We also have the following positions available in our Cambridge, Mass. office:
Position: Office Manager
Primary Care Progress (PCP) is looking for an experienced professional to support an innovative and creative team in our Cambridge, Mass. office. This role will support the running of a busy, team-centered office with various task including: office management, HR, bookkeeping, and project-based functions. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Office Manager must be a great all around professional – quick learning, multitasking, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. They must also be willing to support the ongoing office duties to ensure efficient and smooth operations. They should have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to manage confidential information.
Founded in 2010, Primary Care Progress is a national nonprofit committed to strengthening the community at the heart of primary care. Working with current and future healthcare professionals from across disciplines and career stages – from students and faculty to providers and health systems leaders – we offer leadership development and support that emphasizes relational skills, individual resilience, and advocacy. By providing the resources necessary to excel, we’re building the next generation of primary care, ultimately leading to sustainable models of care and better health for all.
General Office Management
- Manage a smooth-running office environment
- Maintain and replenish office supplies, furniture, equipment
- Manage space and building needs
- Collaborate with staff to ensure that communal areas stay clean and tidy
- Manage all office functions including phone and email systems
- Troubleshoot and manage information technology
- Support Director of Operations with administrative and project management needs
- Work with PCP’s accounting consultant to ensure timely processing
- Manage inputting of accounts receivable in Quickbooks
- Track and reconcile invoices and contracts in Salesforce
- Help manage annual budget process to ensure each team has an understanding of their budget
- Work with hiring manager(s) to support recruiting functions (job postings, applicant tracking, screenings, scheduling interviews, etc.).
- Assist with new hire onboarding, coordinating orientation, and training
- Maintain and update onboarding guide, employee guide, and office procedures guide
- Assist with specific projects for PCP team members on an as-needed basis. This may include online research, design and editing of PowerPoint presentations, flowcharts, electronic survey tools, etc.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in office management and bookkeeping support
- Computer/information technology savvy on PC and Mac with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Google Apps, Dropbox, Quickbooks, and/or Salesforce experience a plus
- Must be organized: in this role you will wear many different hats and manage several projects simultaneously
- A strong can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-aware, knowing your skills and development opportunities so that you can work well with teams
- Have U.S. work authorization
Please apply by submitting the following application materials to: https://primarycareprogress.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fha2 (no separate emails or phone calls about this position, please):
- A cover letter, not exceeding one page, describing any previous relevant experience,
your professional goals, optimal work environment, and why you’re interested in Primary
Care Progress. Please also let us know when you would be available to start.
- Your resume.
Primary Care Progress provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy), gender identity, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, family status, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to hiring, job assignment, performance assessment, promotion, compensation, benefits, layoff and termination, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.