The Relational Leadership Institute is a unique learning collaborative of participants from a range of primary care-related professions and career stages, learning essential competencies of Relational Leadership™ to improve individual leadership practice, teamwork, wellness and clinical innovation efforts. The collaborative combines large group didactics, small group work, and opportunities for individual and group reflection, in addition to application in clinical and innovation settings. Participants leverage the small group space of RLI for support, inspiration, and insight from the diverse backgrounds and professions of their colleagues. Sessions are taught by members of the National Training Team of Primary Care Progress and local Relational Leadership Institute Trainers.
CME and CEU credits are available.
RLI is designed to be an intensive and supportive learning cohort of people who value curiosity, collaboration, and community. We believe that developing leaders from all backgrounds/demographics is necessary for a thriving healthcare system and we invite healthcare professionals and students of all backgrounds to apply.
Spring 2019 Relational Leadership Institute — Portland, OR
RLI Cohort 4 Sessions — March 5–May 21
Booster Sessions — July 9 and August 20
Applications due by February 13
Applicants notified by February 22
Location*: Oregon Health & Science University
- Robertson Life Sciences Building (RLSB), 2730 Southwest Moody Avenue
- Introduction To Relational Leadership Institute — Tuesday, March 5 | 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Narrative Leadership and One-to-Ones — Saturday, March 9 | 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Working with Teams — Saturday, April 13 | 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Coaching and Conflict Transformation — Saturday, May 11 | 9:00 am–4:00 pm
- Advocate to Accelerate Change — Tuesday, May 14 | 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Debrief, Closure, and Next Steps — Tuesday, May 21 | 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
Booster Sessions (topics will be selected by course participants)
- Tuesday, July 9 | 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 20 | 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
Registration (future rates are subject to change)
- Students — $200
- Residents — $400
- Faculty and Healthcare Providers (DC, DDS/DMD, DO, MD, NP, PA, RN) — $800
- Other Healthcare Professionals — $400
Participants are responsible for transportation and parking. The program fee includes meals provided during the three Saturday sessions, course materials, CME/CEU, and a strengths-based personal assessment.
Course participants are responsible for paying the full program fee at the time of registration. Participants are encouraged to apply for funding from their employer (e.g., staff/faculty development funds). A limited number of scholarships are available for students and residents unable to secure funding through their schools/departments.
Please email email@example.com for additional information.
*Due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, locations for all course sessions are subject to change. Participants will be notified of any building or room changes as soon as possible.