The Relational Leadership Institute (RLI) is a unique learning collaborative of participants from a range of primary care-related professions and career stages, learning essential competencies of Relational Leadership™ to improve individual leadership practice, teamwork, wellness, and clinical innovation efforts. The collaborative combines large group didactics, small group work, and opportunities for individual and group reflection, in addition to application in clinical and innovation settings. Participants leverage the small group space of RLI for support, inspiration, and insight from the diverse backgrounds and professions of their colleagues. Sessions are taught by members of the National Training Team of Primary Care Progress and local OHSU faculty.
RLI is designed to be an intensive and supportive learning cohort of people who value curiosity, collaboration, and community. We believe that developing leaders from all backgrounds and demographics is necessary for a thriving healthcare system. We invite healthcare professionals and students of all backgrounds to apply.
Fall 2018 Relational Leadership Institute – Portland, Ore.
Six sessions: Oct. 3-Dec. 12, 2018
Booster Sessions: Tuesday, Jan. 15 and Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
Applications for the Fall Cohort are now closed
Locations: Oregon Health & Science University
- Collaborative Life Sciences Building, 2730 Southwest Moody Ave
- Portland OHSU School of Nursing, 3455 Southwest US Veterans Hospital Road
- Introduction to the Relational Leadership Institute – Wednesday, Oct. 3 | 6:00-8:00 pm
- Narrative Leadership and One-to-Ones – Saturday, Oct. 13 | 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- Working with Teams – Saturday, Nov. 3 | 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- Managing Conflict – Crucial Conversations and Coaching Skills – Saturday, Dec. 1 | 9:00 am -4:00 pm
- Advocacy Skills – Tuesday, Dec. 4 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Debrief, Closure, and Next Steps – Wednesday, Dec. 12 | 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Booster Sessions (topics will be selected by course participants)
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Registration (future rates are subject to change)
- Students/Residents – $200*
- Faculty and Healthcare Professionals – $700*
Participants are responsible for transportation and parking. The program fee includes meals provided during the three Saturday sessions, CME/CEU, course materials, and a strengths-based personal assessment.
Course participants are encouraged to apply for funding from their departments. A limited number of scholarships are available for students and residents. Please email email@example.com for more information.